Drawing Panda with Python
Drawing Panda with Python and Turtle Graphics
Pandas are adorable creatures, and creating a simple representation of one using Python can be a fun and educational project. In this tutorial, we’ll use Turtle Graphics, a popular Python library for drawing, to create the face of a cute panda. We’ll provide the source code and explain it step by step (Drawing Panda with Python),
so you can follow along and draw your own panda face.
Before you get started, make sure you have Python installed on your computer. Turtle Graphics is a standard library in Python, so there’s no need to install it separately.
Let’s start by creating a Python script that draws the panda face.
Here’s the Code:
# Draw a Panda using Turtle Graphics import turtle pen = turtle.Turtle() turtle.title("Panda Face") def ring(col, rad): pen.fillcolor(col) pen.begin_fill() pen.circle(rad) pen.end_fill() pen.up() pen.setpos(-35, 95) pen.down ring('black', 15) pen.up() pen.setpos(35, 95) pen.down() ring('black', 15) ##### Draw face ##### pen.up() pen.setpos(0, 35) pen.down() ring('white', 40) # Draw first eye pen.up() pen.setpos(-18, 75) pen.down ring('black', 8) # Draw second eye pen.up() pen.setpos(18, 75) pen.down() ring('black', 8) # Draw first eye pen.up() pen.setpos(-18, 77) pen.down() ring('white', 4) # Draw second eye pen.up() pen.setpos(18, 77) pen.down() ring('white', 4) ##### Draw nose ##### pen.up() pen.setpos(0, 55) pen.down ring('black', 5) ##### Draw mouth ##### pen.up() pen.setpos(0, 55) pen.down() pen.right(90) pen.circle(5, 180) pen.up() pen.setpos(0, 55) pen.down() pen.left(360) pen.circle(5, -180) pen.hideturtle() turtle.done()
Explaining the Code
Let’s break down the code step by step:
- We import the turtle module and create a pen object to draw with.
- We set the title of the Turtle Graphics window to “Panda Face.”
- The ring function is defined to draw filled circles of a specified color and radius.
- We start drawing the panda’s ears by moving the pen to the left ear’s position (-35, 95) and drawing a black-filled circle. Then, we do the same for the right ear (35, 95).
- Next, we draw the face of the panda using a white-filled circle centered at (0, 35).
- The panda’s eyes are drawn using black-filled circles, and the white parts of the eyes are drawn with smaller white-filled circles to create a cute panda expression.
- We draw the panda’s nose as a small black-filled circle at (0, 55).
- Finally, the mouth is drawn using two semicircles, one for the upper part and one for the lower part, giving the panda a smiling expression.
- We hide the turtle cursor, and the drawing is complete.
Running the Code
To run this code, simply copy it into a Python file (e.g., “panda.py”) and execute it using your preferred Python environment. You should see a Turtle Graphics window displaying the adorable face of a panda.
So, in this post you have to get source code to draw the face of beautiful Panda with Python Code, I hope you liked this, and if you have any doubts you can ask in the comment section.
Feel free to customize the colors, sizes, and positions to create your unique panda design. Happy coding!